Galleries edit

I have decided to redo the picture of the Galleries picture because I really didn’t like it and i just bothered me to look at. I just felt like it looked a bit messy and untidy and I prefer the way the newer picture looks. The inspiration for the new edit is a mixture of Simon Gardiner and Kawahara Kazuhiko’s work. Below are both the new version and the old version. The next step for me now is to pick the photos that I am going to submit as my final images and fix them up a little bit more.

Photos

As mentioned in the previous post, I have edited a few more photos. I have decided to post all of the pictures that I have edited just to see whether they all look like they have the same theme and they look like they are part of one project. The last few photos that I have edited I have noticed that they look more abstract than some of the others that I have done. When I started this project I had the intention of making some of the photos look more ambiguous than others, but when I started editing I didn’t really have a clear plan on which photos they were going to be. I noticed that I would start out with a plan or an image in mind of what I  want the final image to look like, but as I kept on layering  and editing a photo it would turn into something completely different to what I had imagined. So now, especially with the last few pictures I would just come up with the starting point and just seeing where the process will take me. Below are the images that I have created. The first three photos are the ones that I have been working on recently.

Thursday

On Thursday I went out and took some pictures of the Bearpit, I also took some more photos of the Hippodrome because I didn’t really the way the previous pictures I took of it looked and I felt like it looked even horrible when I edited it. The new photos that I took of the Hippodrome were taken in the evening so the Hippodrome sign was lit up and it could be seen more clearly. I will be posting all of the photos I have edited. In the last few days I have managed to edit a pictures of the Suspension bridge, Hippodrome, and The Bearpit. Below are the unedited versions of the photos that I took.

More edits

I have done some more editing this week. Its going well-ish. I have decided to go with the style of layering the images to create patterns. Below are the pictures I have been working on. Some I’m liking more than others. I have found it a bit challenging coming up with  different pattern/idea for each picture because I don’t want all of them to look the same. I am planning to go out and take some pictures of Nelson street and Bearpit tomorrow then I think I will be done with taking photos. I have been speaking to Charli about her project and she says that she needs to take more photos as well and she is planning on doing hers this week. She has discussed with me about how she is going to present her photos, this has prompted me to start thinking about how I am going to present mine. I don’t think/don’t know if I want to print them or present them online…

Editing process

I have started editing some of the pictures that I took. Below are the images that I have started editing so far. These are just rough edits to test out what my overall project is going to look like and so far I quite like the look of these. I am going to carry on editing some more images and posting them on here.